Sab, Okt 24|
Shine a Light on Domestic Violence
In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2020, join WAVE in the Shine a Light on Domestic Violence Walk to learn more about domestic violence and where to seek help. Click register now for more details!
Time & Location
Okt 24, 2020, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Main Street, Petersburg, AK 99833, USA
About The Event
The walk will take around 45 minutes to complete. You can start and finish the walk on your time and at your own pace!
Firelight Gallery & Framing
211 N Nordic Dr
102 S 2nd St A
How it Works:
- The Shine a Light on Domestic Violence Walk represents that domestic violence is not always visible.
- Questions about domestic violence will be written on WAVE branded flyers along with answers that are only visible using a blacklight.
- The flyers will be posted in secret locations throughout town.
- When you arrive at Firelight Gallery & Framing, you will receive a blacklight keychain and a list of riddles that will lead to each storefront with the Q&A card.
- When you find the Q&A card, shine the blacklight to view the answer.
- When you reach the WAVE office, you have completed the walk! We set up bags with takeaway items, and an area to take pictures to share what an ally of victims of domestic violence looks like.